Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT The Boston Sports Nut: Hazel Mae to leave NESN

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hazel Mae to leave NESN


NESN today announced that SportsDesk anchor Hazel Mae will leave the sports network at the end of the month. “After four incredible and exciting years at NESN, I’ve decided now was the right time for me to make this difficult decision to leave,” Hazel Mae said in a statement released today. “It has been both a personal and professional privilege to be a part of NESN and the dedicated SportsDesk team. During my time with the network, I’ve had more than a few once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, including the chance to cover two World Series and a Super Bowl. I am grateful to the Red Sox and Bruins ownership groups, NESN president, Sean McGrail, and all the players and staff who have supported and challenged me. Most importantly, I’d like to thank the amazing and passionate sports fans of New England, who have welcomed me into their homes and given me a chance to do the kind of work I enjoy.”


“Hazel has been a special part of the NESN family," said Joel Feld, vice president of programming for NESN. "Every day, she brought energy, smarts and a fan sensibility to our SportsDesk audience. We are sorry to see her leave, but wish her every success in future professional endeavors." Mae joined NESN in August, 2004 and has served as the anchor for SportsDesk and the host of the Ultimate Red Sox Show and The Buzz.

No comments: