Web Analytics and Web Statistics by NextSTAT The Boston Sports Nut: What the 'Eck' is wrong with Manny!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

What the 'Eck' is wrong with Manny!

"... and there's people scuffling, not making very much money and this guy's dropping a $20 million bomb like it's no big deal, I'm in the driver's seat, this, that... that's bothersome to me, to watch this go on like that with Manny. I respect the guy. He's one of the greatest players ever, but this is tired, to me. The players put up with it because they have to. I don't have to. I can come on this show [NESN pregame] and tell you I don't like it. And I don't like the way Manny plays this game, not so much the way he plays it, but the way he's playing his act with his contract. I don't want to hear about it to be honest with you. He's making a lot of money. He's been making a lot of money a long, long time, eight years, all of a sudden he starts chirpin' about the last year, it's because all of a sudden it's money time again. That's about all I can say about that right now because I don't want to go too far." 7.18.08, Dennis Eckersley on Manny Being Greedy

No comments: